A new addition…

I have added a new line of sculpture to my art. I kind of transitioned into that from the polymer clay jewelry and from making a sculpture for a friend of his beloved dog that passed. I used burnt-out light bulbs to start with and made robots and some strange Victorian beings. I also made some Victorian insects and animals inspired by paintings by my friend Richard Case. And then a military ferret and… it just kind of went from there.

Then people started asking if the ones with bulbs lit up. When I said no they were disappointed. So the next project was to figure out how to light them up. Finding a way to wire them that would handle the heat so I could bake the clay, finding boxes for holding the wiring, finding appropriate switches and plates – it was a big job. But I’m very happy with how they have turned out. Let me know what you think!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *